
So here it is!!! I have started my first ever blogging experience. While I intend to include lots of fun updates about the Bunger Family, I have also decided to center my blogging around a goal I have decided to take on for 2010.
As many of you know, I have taken up running for about the past year. I started before the holiday season in 2008 and began very slowly. I was inspired by my amazing husband who completed the Eisenhower Marathon in April 2009 in Abilene, KS. His transformation was awesome and we were so proud of him. I had some baby weight to lose from Collin (nursing just didn't take it off like it did the first time around with Mitchell) so I decided to take drastic measures. For those of you that know me, I am not athletic and haven't played sports since junior high....so telling others I had starting running wasn't high on my list of priorities.
I started on the treadmill thru early 2009 and as spring and summer began, I ventured outside. By the end of the last school year, I had lost 30 pounds....by the time I had returned to school from summer vacation it was over 40 pounds lost and I was well under my pre-Collin weight. I felt great and decided to run my first ever 5k (with some positive pressure from Chad). Since then I've ran a couple of 5K's, a 5 mile Turkey Trot with my sister in-law in Nebraska, and a 10K right before the holidays.
As my distance, speed and stamina have increased, my husband came to me with a plan. And after some initial resistance, I have agreed to run the Lincoln Half Marathon in May with him. After talking with my close friend from high school Shana, she is also going to run the half marathon and now my sister-in-law Christa is also on board. :)
What does all this mean?! At this point, there is no looking back.....this non-runner is training to run her first EVER half marathon. And this blog will be just one more way to keep me going and accountable!!
I really enjoyed reading this. I'm sorry I'm such a bad friend that I didn't already know some of this, but I appreciate the enlightenment about your life! Good luck on getting ready for the 1/2!!! I know you will do great!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Angela! And welcome to the blog-o-sphere. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
ReplyDeleteAll right, I am now figuring out this "blog" thing. I think it might be fun to write about something professional also on here. Good luck with the run! What is the date in May? We need to make an apearance and cheer the crew on!!
ReplyDelete