Thursday, October 7, 2010

Get Ready....


Collin at the Manhattan Library taking in the latest book about Horses that we checked out for him. I wish I would have taken video of this! His sear delight was heard by all as he discovered page after page of his favorite......HORSIES!!!!

Here is a not so great shot of Mitchell playing in his fall soccer league. He is the one by the goal about ready to kick the ball. He is doing great and continues to love playing....even after some slight drama involving a bloody tooth which happened while going after the ball and falling to the ground in the massive group of 5 to 6 year olds.


Ready or not.....the 1/2 marathon is just a few days away!!!!

Most weeks are busy in our house, but this week was a notch above the others. Along with the usual hectic schedule of work, school, soccer practice/games and swimming lessons, Chad has had a meeting and is now heavily involved in his Planning Conference at Manhattan for the rest of the week. To add to all this...the LAST Kansas State vs Nebraska game is a Thursday night game!!! Of course we are keeping up our tradition with the Croghan's and will tailgate with them (and the kids this year) and go to the game together. I will post our latest red vs purple pictures later!!! It is always great to have them down and we are sad to see this tradition end with them.

Saturday Chad and I will take off for Wichita after his parents arrive to watch the boys for the weekend (which we are tremedously grateful for them keeping the boys of course!) We are staying at a hotel that is just steps away from the start line for the 1/2 marathon and will hopefully make it down in time to enjoy a nice meal alone together before preparing for the 8 a.m. start time on Sunday morning.

Both Chad and I have hardly had the chance to do any running during the week....hopefully we will have fresh legs and be ready for the 13.1 mile course on 10-10-10! Chad is currently training for a full marathon in November and ran 18 miles (gasp) this past Sunday.....so he is sure to blow this race out of the water!! :)

It is time to charge up the MP3 player, gather all my must have running neccities and tackle my 2nd 1/2 marathon in less than a year........I know I have said this before, but just writing that statement is truly incredible to me. For a person like me who never ran a shred before just a few years ago......and to gain this kind of confidence to do something as crazy as to run 13+ miles?! I owe so much of this to my amazing husband. My inspiration and my motivation!

1 comment: