Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Old Navy

I never noticed the total imbalance of the clothing selection between baby/toddler/children clothing until I became a parent.  I could devote several paragraphs surrounding this, but to some it up for those of you who haven't experienced this: In just about any major department store, the selection of clothing for little girls is about twice as large as the selection is for boys.  What does this say about our society and how it play into gender stereotypes....I'll let you decide, but as a parent of two boys, I can tell you it's a limited selection just about everywhere you go.  And if you are like me a refuse to buy anything with a skull & cross bones, it gets even narrower.
But every once in awhile, between the purchase of the standard striped or solid polo for the boys....I come across something the boys can actually get excited about when it comes to clothing.  The above Lego Star Wars shirts are the 2nd best find to date.  Playing second fiddle only to.....
THUNDERCATS!!!! Thank you Old Navy....for putting a little excitement into our world of stripes and solids.


No comments:

Post a Comment