In 2012, I successfully ran TWO half marathons! I also completed my first trail race ( a 10 mile race that felt more like I ran 15 miles that day,) which was a bigger accomplishment than I realized it would be when I initially signed up thinking it would just be a good way to get in a long training run. I also ran a 10K as well as a couple of 5K's as well.
Chad had another amazing year completing his first every Half Ironman Triathlon....70.3 miles of combined swimming, biking and running this summer at Clinton Lake outside of Lawrence, KS!! He also ran his third ever full marathon (always an unbelievable accomplishment) and pushed me to keep going and not give up running the 10 mile trail race this past spring.
Along with running a 10K and some 5K's he also competed in his first adventure race this fall as well. He is battling a serious ankle issue that really has him down and hurting. We are hopeful that a few cortisone shots will have him able to train like he would like to again soon!
We have already signed up for the Lincoln Half Marathon in May 2013 and Chad is hopeful he will be able to compete in another 70.3 mile triathlon in June. Being active, pushing ourselves and having these kinds of goals keep us going and something we have both really come to enjoy.
The pictures with this post have had absolutely nothing to do with the content, but they tell a story all their own. This sequence from the start and end of this blog is what happened at last weekend's KSU Basketball game when I got out the camera during a time out and said "hey, let's take a quick picture together boys." This last shot is when I finally said "OK, can I just have one normal pose where you are both smiling at me, please?" This is what I was given....
No comments:
Post a Comment