Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Change of Scenery and What's Next

We were very excited when the doctor cleared Chad for a short trip to North Bend, NE last weekend for a get-together at the Croghan Cabin!!


I think we were all needing a change of scenery....especially Chad who hadn't left the Manhattan city limits in over two weeks.  We had a great time and got to see so many of our dear friends from high school and college.  And our kids had a great time playing with each other as well.

I haven't blogged much about running recently for obvious reasons.  And while I have no plans to throw in the towl on running....for the first time in awhile, I have no plans to run another half marathon in the near future.  I had already decided last year at this time that I would NOT be training for another fall marathon for 2013.  While I did enjoy the actual race last October, the training in the summer time was brutal and I almost 86'd the whole thing several times because of the heat....it just wasn't fun. 


Right now, I would like to look at running another spring half marathon sometime in 2014.  I need to get back into a more regular routine of running again as well.  It does so much for me....not just physically, but for my mental state of mind as well. 


So....I've pondered on changing the title of blog the several times....but my journey to another half marathon is out there, just not determined as of yet.  Thus, I believe the title will remain. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment