And beside the strong wind in the afternoon, I don't think we could ask for better football weather...no coats in mid-November is always a treat!
Today we attempted to rake our lawn. While Chad got the front yard cleared (and filled the back of big red to the brim), we saved the backyard for a team effort approach after church.
I am holding a few needles from a tree I have come to despise. If you ever think to yourself....hey, let's plant a bald cypress in our yard...THINK AGAIN. Their needles make a huge mess each fall.
This is just the tip of the iceberg in our backyard. And what makes this all worse you ask?! This giant tree isn't even in our yard! Most of its branches occupy the sky over our backyard however...so we get the pleasure of dealing with its mess. Every. Year.
It finally got too windy to deal with this afternoon and we gave up. Much like the chest cold that won out all week on any thoughts of running I had, the prehistoric-dinosaur sized bald cypress and it's 30 bazillion needles defeated us....for today at least.




No comments:
Post a Comment