Sunday, September 7, 2014

Camping Minus Mom

Chad has been wanting to take the boys on a camping trip for sometime now, but our busy schedule and the weather had never made it work out and this weekend.
The boys went to fancy Creek after a wildcat win on Saturday afternoon and set up camp. The weather was perfect and they were all very excited!
While I was at my first cross country meet Saturday morning they went shopping for their supplies. After some deliberation I decided not to go up to the campsite at all. This way Collin would not be tempted to come home with me when I left and it could truly be a boys night camping.
While they enjoyed a long adventure hike and cooking out over a campfire.... I enjoyed cleaning the entire house (and it actually staying clean for a little while after I was finished) an evening at reading and watching football.
And they even all made it through the night at their campsite! While I was very thankful to Chad for giving me an evening to myself, I was happy to have the boys home early this morning! They had a great time and are already talking about their boys only camping adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment