I had my concerns about this race. With it being so late in the spring and knowing this would be one of the more challenging courses I have ever run regarding hills, I wasn't sure what to expect and made no goals for achieving a certain time.
However, the weather turned out to be ideal. It was in the mid 50s, overcast and while it was humid there was a slight breeze was at our backs for the 8 mile run into town.
It was great to see our running buddy Amy again! Kim and I ran most of our long training runs together this time around...now I just have to talk her into our next racing goal for the future! :)
I had been worried earlier in the week how I would feel for this race. Having strep throat the week before had really taken it's toll on me and I wasn't sure how I would do. To my surprise, I really felt great and was averaging under a 9:39 pace at the 10K mark in this race!






No comments:
Post a Comment