Saturday, May 21, 2016

My 12th Half Marathon

The weather was perfect for the Bill Snyder Highway Half Marathon this morning!
After getting up extra early to book all our disney dining reservation (180 days...whoo-hoo!) Chad woke up early to drive me out to the starting line since this was a point to point race.


And I had plenty of time to hydrate a bit more and run into lots of running friends!  Another perk of running a local race!!
The two Angela's before the race. :)  Her first time as a pacer and she did amazing! Yeah for swim mom's who run half marathons!!

The starting line!  I ran the first 8 miles with the 2:10 pacer group and felt great.  It was fun to be with a group, chat and Highway 77 flew by with ease.

Unfortunately, when we hit town (specifically City Park), I wasn't able to keep pace with the 2:10 er's.  Instead of trying to push myself to falling apart, I decided to slow my pace.  The full sun and humidity hit and I was toast.

I finished in 2:15:01.  There minutes slower than this same race last year.  However, the route did change a bit toward the end from last year.  The hills of campus coupled with running up Jardine made the last 2 miles rough.  I was so thankful for Chad, the boys and my parents for being at several points on the race to cheer me on....I needed it!

A dozen half marathons since 2010.  I am certainly not even close to being a fast participant in any of these races....but I continue to be determined. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment