Saturday, October 8, 2016

The long road back

Beside coaching cross-country, I haven't posted anything about running for a while.

And this is not without good reason. This summer I had a fairly extensive setback, after coming home from our most amazing trip to Mexico and eventually discovering that I had brought home an unwanted hitchhiker in the form of the parasite Cyclospora.


 After three months, four rounds of anabiotic's, I was finally on a path to feeling better and it just at the right time to start the cross country season. I had not ran since early July at that point when the season began in August.



Then over Labor Day weekend, I decided to drop an extra leaf to our dining room table on my foot. Thankfully I didn't break anything, but wearing shoes, let alone running was out of the question for a few more weeks. With the season now over, and my foot healed I have started a long road back to running and training for my next half marathon in March 2017.


 My pace is slow, frustratingly slow to be honest. But I know I have to start somewhere. I have registered for my 13th half marathon and this week logged the most mileage I have ran in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment