Wednesday, February 22, 2017

App Fail

The blogger app continues to be a huge fail on my phone so I have been unable to update my blog for several weeks. 

Mitchell finished up his last short course season in the 11-12 year old age group with his first appearance at MVS District Championships in Wichita a few weeks ago.  He had never qualified for this meet before and was very excited to see his hard work pay off, qualifying for 4 events. 
He didn't make finals for either day of Districts, but he did take more time off in half of the 6 events he swam and as always, he had a great time with his Marlins Swim Friends.
Mitchell has one more season of long course to swim with the 12 & under age group before he moves up with the big kids this fall swimming in 13& up sessions.  This will mean this is also our last season of having both boys in the same swim session (both in the morning or both in the afternoon).  Next fall, we will begin to start a "divide and conquer" approach on swim meet weekends!

 In other news that doesn't deal with swimming....we finally got to see a KSU game (their last of the regular season)
 Collin had the chance to have a small part in an internet commercial to promote teaching as a profession through KSDE!  While he wasn't sure about trying this out, he was a natural. :)


And I've still been training for my 13th half marathon!  I have come to terms with the fact that this will be my slowest finishing time to date.  It's been difficult to gain my endurance back and our hectic schedules coupled with a weekend full of the 24 hour stomach flu hitting our entire house has cut into training like I have in the past.  Right now I am just focused on finishing the race on March  25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment