I can't say it was a good run, but I finished. I also believe I did a bit better than my first 10K which was in the sleet and ice of December. However, it didn't feel great and mentally I was not in a good frame of mind. Now it is time to rest, enjoy spring break and of course get back to training. After my run on Saturday, I am hoping things will only be up from here. My foot didn't bother me at all during the race, but mentally it was a rough run to say the least. I can tell that my short runs during the week aren't cutting it. I am praying for warmer weather so I can start running in the evenings after supper now that daylight savings time as kicked in. Finding the time and balancing everything at home always plays into the scenario....good thing I have such great support from my wonderful husband! :)
Good or bad...another race is in the books! It's time to look forward and stay positive!! I've already come further and accomplished more than I ever would have imagined. No sense is stopping now.
Chad is amazing...he is my wonderful husband of almost 9 years, my best friend and now my biggest supporter to finish this goal!
The St. Patty's Day 10K crew! We're all also signed up for the 1/2 marathon in Lincoln!
Collin enjoying the cold but very fun St. Patty's Parade in AggievilleDaddy walking with Mitchell's preschool in the parade

Congrats on finishing the race, Angela. With that sort of mental toughness, 13.1 is definitely doable!
ReplyDeleteI'll have a green beer for you!
ReplyDelete(Ultra, of course)
Congrats!