Monday, May 3, 2010

My first 1/2 Marathon....in the bag!!!

I have accomplished something I never thought was remotely possible for someone like me. I RAN A HALF MARATHON!!!!

And what is more amazing???? I ran the ENTIRE race....only paused for a moment to take a chunk of cement out of the sole of my shoe around mile 4 and then later to fix my hair band once..... 2+ hours of straight running!!!

And even MORE amazing??? I had fun! It was my best run ever.

13.1 miles!!!! What an amazing feeling! It was so great to run the race with Shana....we had a great time and both commented along the race about all the crazy stuff we have done together from high school and beyond. What an awesome friend and so glad we could do this together.


GINW girls running the Lincoln 1/2 marathon....Brenda, me and Shana




Our official race chips that recorded our times. A great piece of technology considering there 6107 people running the 1/2 marathon alone. We didn't even cross the starting line to begin the race until 12 minutes after the gun went off! My official race time was 2:08:26....well below my goal of finishing under 2:20:00!!!!

Chad and I after the race! Even though we didn't finish together....he toughed out a hard run and finished strong as well! He is my inspiration and driving force behind this little journey that I started about 5 months ago. I wouldn't have done this without his pushing and encouragement....he is an amazing man, wonderful father and the love of my life.



My sister in law Christa and I headed to the start of the Lincoln Half Marathon early Sunday morning! This is the 3rd race that we have run together and she did amazing finishing in just over 2 hours and 1 minute. Hopefully we will all run together soon!
Some stats from my first 1/2 marathon...
Official time: 2:08:26
Overall finish: 2899 out of 6107 runners
30-34 females: 271 out of 745
Overall female: 1440 out of 3933
9:49 minute mile pace

It was an amazing experience!!! I have more pictures that I will post later as well of all the wonderful support that we had from friends and family during the race. But one thing is for certain.....GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!!




2 comments:

  1. Angela-
    Congrats to you as well! Thank goodness for the open bathrooms!! I had a wonderful experience as well and am looking forward to my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie!! So proud of you Angela!

    ReplyDelete