Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We Go Together

Sometimes there is nothing better than looking back at the fond memories of your past!!!

This morning I was able to check my facebook page before leaving for work and had an unexpected surprise from an old high school friend. If it wasn't for facebook.....I wouldn't be connected with most of these people anymore, and this morning I was treated by Nicki, an old high school friend and fellow pink lady, with pictures from high school. Not just any pictures.....pictures from my favorite and my personal best memories ever of high school. My senior year in 1996 when I played Rizzo in our high school musical "Grease."

GINW 1996 Cast of Grease....what a great picture! We had so much fun!!!!

Check out the pink ladies and the T-Birds! I went on to do a lot more singing and dancing after high school in college and had many more amazing experiences as a music major....but none quite like this. When I look back at doing "Grease" the whole experience was a great way to end my senior year of high school.

This picture made me laugh out loud!!! I can still remember sitting in the shower every night after performances as the hair spray melted off of my hair. I think Shana and I were a side show in the dressing room each night when I our hair was fixed!


If it wasn't for Facebook.....I'm not sure I would be in contact with all of these pink ladies anymore! Although I am still very close with Marty (Shana Mader) and can you believe that Rizzo and the principal (Amy Traudt) are still great friends and even get together with their families on weekends? :)
It has been a long journey since those days back at GINW. And although I am not the kind of person who would like to go back in time.....I am so thankful for these great reminders of the road I have traveled that has made me the person I am today.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Jan (Nicki)!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment