Mitchell lost his 5th tooth this morning! We now officially have the "toothless grin" with both of his top front teeth missing. :) Since I have now successfully pulled 3 of these (with Mitchell actually yanking one out on Christmas Eve so both Santa AND the Tooth Fairy could visit in one night,) I believe I have become somewhat of an expert on tooth extraction in the Bunger House, as 4 of the 5 teeth have left Mitchell's mouth with no tears!!!
My advice for those about to journey down the path to Tooth Fairy land? Several steps have made loosing a tooth drama free at our house for Mitchell including:
-1 dry paper towel to grab the loose tooth
-1 ice cold cup of water (for a long cold drink after the tooth comes out).
-1 (or 2 if Collin is around) Popsicle(s) afterward to celebrate and numb the gums
We've been able to get this process down to a science at our house. Mitchell wiggles the tooth himself for awhile, Chad pumps him up when it is loose enough to come out, and mommy finishes the job! Make no mistake.....if you are going to attempt to pull a tooth out of your youngsters mouth, you must mean business and get the job done QUICKLY. This tooth fairy suggests that if you are squeamish at all or worried about it hurting your little one.....it is sure to end in disaster and a lot of drama!
When I think back 6 years ago to August 2004, all we were focused on was the new baby in our lives. Now that same little baby has us thinking about school, sports, friends, and losing teeth. It is so hard to believe what a big boy we now have. I can only imagine what is to come and what we will be concurring in the next 6 years of parenthood. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment