Sunday, February 6, 2011

1/2 of the 1/2

Angela's 1/2 marathon training schedule: Week 6
Sunday: Rest
Monday: 40 minute run
Tuesday: XT
Wednesday: 8 x 400 @ 2:10 (interval)....p.s. 8 is A LOT!!!!
Thursday: 20 minute run (tempo)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5 miles (long run)

Mitchell taking a picture of mommy and her new glasses (Collin is supposed to be in the picture as well, but we all know how fun it can be to get a 2 year old to sit still long enough for a picture!) Mitchell says these glasses make me look like a teacher. Guess that was the look I was going for?

Saturday Chad and I were able to run our long run together again, and I was very thankful to have him on the route with me to keep me going! I'm not going to lie....for some reason this 7 mile run wasn't my best. I guess I will always have to battle my mind a bit when I am doing distance. It also didn't help that I slipped on some ice within the first 2 miles of the run. I wasn't hurt at all....but it scared the holy heck out of me and I had a hard time settling down after nearly landing flat on my back.

It wasn't my strongest run, but I ran over 1/2 of the distance for a 1/2 marathon and I am ready to start my 6th week of training. After an unexpected 3 days off due to winter weather last week....I'm not sure how the boys and I will make it through a 5 day school/work week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment