Friday, February 18, 2011

A change in plans

I had a great easy run last night right as the full moon was rising. My Garmin's battery died and I ended up running almost 2.5 miles so I'm sure I ran quite a bit over the 20 minutes I was supposed to run. I felt great during the whole run, and it was one of those times that I felt like I could have kept running forever. Running in the darkness with the moon and streetlights along the way somehow feels like I am going faster, and I even listened to a little old school Metallica "Enter Sandman" during my route which seemed very appropriate. :) I hope to feel just as strong during my 8 mile run Saturday.

Chad and I have also encountered a change in plans when it comes to our spring race schedule. We are signed up to the run the Wickedly Fast 1/2 Marathon in Olathe, KS on April 16th, but Chad was planning on running Lincoln Marathon in May 1st....I was also flirting with the idea of running in the Lincoln 1/2 marathon as well but hadn't decided. This would mean running 2 1/2 marathons in 2 weeks...kind of a crazy goal for me! But we found out this week that both the 1/2 and full marathon are already closed and sold out for Lincoln.....bummer! We had no idea it would fill up so fast this year as they were taking 10,000 entries. However, Chad did some quick research and it now looks like he will be running the Oklahoma City Marathon on the same weekend, May 1st. He is already registered and we have a hotel room reserved. There is also a 1/2 marathon and a 5K during this event.

I am still unsure which race I will sign up for. I have heard the OKC course is flat and fast....however I have also heard that in a previous year, the wind was so bad during this race, that a lot of runners could not even finish. The idea of running 2 1/2 marathons in 2 weeks could still be an attainable goal....however I'd like to see how my next few long runs go and how my body is holding up before I officially sign up. Either way, it looks like we will be going south instead of north for Chad's May 1st goal of completing his 2nd full marathon.

There is nothing more precious than your little one sleeping! This night Collin fell asleep with his special bear in his shirt???
Mitchell's 100th day of Kindergarten! And he also lost another tooth that day. That makes 5 teeth he has lost now.....3 of them all on the top and all in a row. He has a very unique smile right now. :)
Ever since the boys have heard that they will have another cousin arriving in the fall, Collin has been calling his very special bear his "baby". And even putting the baby in his tummy (or under his shirt to be more specific). I guess this night he fell asleep with his baby in his tummy? Mitchell has tried to tell him that only girls can have babies in their tummies......


1 comment:

  1. I think Chad will like OKC, I've heard good things about that race from my running friends. Good Luck in whatever you choose! Lincoln would fill up fast even if they would add another 2,000 I think it's a very popular marathon. If it makes you feel any better I am running Lincoln half marry and then going to Fargo,ND 2wks later to run a full marry. Take Care!!! XOXOXO and keep running you are doing awesome!!!! Love ya, Joni

    ReplyDelete