Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Taking a Breather and Looking Ahead

The official photo of my soggy finish to my 4th 1/2 Marathon in Oklahoma City on May 1, 2011


After several months of hard training (and the very busy time of year it is for me at work right now)....I have taken over a week off from running after the race in OKC  Besides injury, this could possibly be my longest stretch without putting on my running shoes and hitting the pavement or treadmill since I began this journey over 2 years ago.  My body needed a bit of a reprieve but I hope to get back into a more relaxed running routine as the school year comes to a close.

Chad and I are still looking at possible 1/2 marathon races for the fall, but in the immediate future I hope to run in the Freedom  10K Run in Junction City on July 4th and the 3rd annual Brew to Shoe 10K in Manhattan on August 6th.  Running in the summer heat is always interesting, but I am hoping to stay strong and see if I can keep my times under an hour in the Kansas summer heat and humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment