We were able to take a short family vacation to Kansas City this past weekend and the boys were able to see their first Cubs game. Both Chad and I were pleasantly surprised at how well they did at both games! Friday night they made it through the entire game and fireworks and Saturday we left just after the 7th inning stretch to beat the game traffic as we headed for home. Here are some pictures from our visit to Kauffman Stadium.
Some funny quotes from the boys on our vacation:
Mitchell: Mommy, this hotel is so clean and fancy!
After Collin went through who would be sleeping in what bed, I asked if it would be okay for mommy and daddy to sleep in the bed next to him and his brother and he responded: "Yes Mommy, that will be just fine."
Getting ready to head down to Coco Key from our hotel room and Collin says "everyone get your diving suits on!!"
Mitchell: "LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!" When the chant Let's go Royals is started in the stadium
It was another late night last night so this morning's 6 mile run was slow and a struggle. I love every aspect of summer and it still remains my favorite season, but I will admit that it is my least favorite time of year to run. The heat and humidity zap me and I always feel like I am starting all over again. But I know I just need to stick with it and push through. Training for my 5th half marathon starts in a few days!



No comments:
Post a Comment