Friday, July 29, 2011

Conversations from the Bunger House

Our marathon week of going to the pool continues and they are still excited!

We are about to start our last week day of my summer vacation and if the weather clears up we will also have our 6th day in a row at one of the pools in Manhattan!  I promised the boys we could go every day this week if they wanted to, and of course they have kept me to my word each day. :)

I have facebooked quite a bit about the hilarious things the boys have said recently, but I had to include some more in this latest post.  Both boys have had me trying not to laugh out loud at some of there comments or mix ups of words and phrases they are sure they know.  Here are just a few:

Attempting to get a good picture of the boys together before leaving for the pool...what was I thinking?

Collin:  Mommy, why are the steps wet?
Me:  Mommy used a carpet cleaner on them while you were at school today.
Collin:  You got them terribly wet Momma!

Mitchell: Mommy, did you get these new towels at that store we went to today?
Me:  Yes, do you remember what it was called?
Mitchell: Was it Bed, Bath and Backwash?

Collin: I want to go to the cat pool today!
Me: (snickering) You mean the kiddie pool?

while showing me his 100 pictures of the kitty, his stuffed pets, star wars figures and things out the car window he has all taken pictures of....
Mitchell:  I make a pretty good photoga-aga-pher, huh Mommy?

Getting his haircut with our hairdresser and neighbor Connie...for all you children of the 80's who loved the Thundercats as much as I did!
Connie:  What is your middle name Collin?
Collin:  PANTHRO!

Mitchell: What are we going to do tonight?
Me:  Mommy is going out to see friends and you are having a boys night with Daddy.
Mitchell: But who will sing to me at bedtime?
Me: Daddy of course
Mitchell: I don't want you to go.  Your voice is much better.

It's been a great last week with the boys!  I have also been able to get back to running a bit this week.  While it was a slow and painful start, I am hoping to get a 4 or 5 mile run accomplished Saturday morning before my good friend Laura Mader and her kids arrive to play for the day!  Chad is also competing in a 5K Warrior Race in Kansas City Saturday afternoon.  We won't attend, but I'm sure it will be an interesting event!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great Mommy taking them to the pool every day for a week!!

    Oh and I loved "Bed, Bath, and Backwash"!

    ReplyDelete