Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Splish Splash

Another great summer for the pool!   Both boys love the water and as you can see from the video below...Mitchell continues to be very adventurous.  He can now also do front flips off the diving board at Cico Pool and is proud to be in level 5 for swimming lessons. He is determined to pass out by the end of this week so we can start the next session on level 6. And we keep assuring him that swim lessons are about being a strong swimmer and not about how high of a level you are on. I have no idea where he gets his competitive spirit from.....

Swimming at our neighbors pool during the 4th of July weekend
Collin is also in the preschool swimming lessons with me and is making great progress! He can now go under water, blow bubbles underwater, bobs up to 5 times and float on his back. He is also doing good on his scoop and kick actions and just loves going each morning to the pool. His one hill to climb is jumping off the side of the pool to me by himself. Here are some of his comments/reasons why he didn't need to do this during our lesson today:

Collin: But I just did jump!
Me: But we need to practice it again.
Collin: I already did practice, let's go get a noodle.

Collin: Mommy, come CLOSER to me!!!
and
Collin: Mommy, I just need your fingers for a second!
Me: You can do it without my fingers.  I will catch you.
Collin:  Just one finger Mommy, I need it!
and
Collin: I need to hug your shoulders Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment