This weekend we treated our Kansas family and friends to not one but TWO cream can suppers. The first happened while tailgating before the KSU game Saturday night and Sunday we had our 2nd annual Bunger Cream Can supper with friends from both of our work places joining us for the event. I had never experienced this south central Nebraska cuisine until I starting dating Chad over a decade ago and it is fun to watch Chad prepare this meal for our friends and family in the Manhattan area.
 |
| About to head into the stadium. We have tailgated with my parents and many other family and friends in this same church parking lot since before Mitchell was born. My Uncle Blaine said it best this weekend sitting under the shade of the large oak tree "there just isn't a better spot to be!" |
 |
| The Bunger family ready for the 2011 KSU Football season |
The next few shots are some candid photos during the game of the boys. They both had a great time and Collin was a trooper and stayed well into the 4th quarter. But he and I were sure to leave before the much dreaded fireworks show started.
 |
| Mitchell taking a picture of his view during the KSU Game Saturday night. The tickets Coach Synder gave us were great! |
 |
| The gal that made our great experience for Mitchell @ KSU happen....thanks again Angie Messer! |
I was forced to take a week long break from running after pulling a muscle in my left calf last week during a 40 minute easy run. Since I am not training for any immediate races at this point, I decided to not push it and give it some time while stretching and icing each day. I was anxious to get back out for a run with the cooler temperatures finally arriving in northeast Kansas this weekend and took out this morning on another easy 40 minute run. It was a good run, my calf felt great for most of the run and was just a little tight at the end of the just over 4 mile run. Even though I am not training for anything specific at the moment, running has been a great stress relief and way for me to clear my mind. My body needed to rest, but shutting my brain off at night was even harder than usual last week with no running to wear me out.
Two weeks until Mitchell's surgery. We head to KC on Wednesday this week for pre-op appointments with Dr. Singhal and the anesthesiologist .
No comments:
Post a Comment