The best plans are just that....plans. And sometimes even the ideal plans of how everything will fit into one week, just don't come to fruition like you thought they would.
After having a great Sunday morning birthday run last week, I had high hopes for fitting in my week 9 training plan into a jam packed week of activities for school and work. My last week's training plan included biking, a 4 mile tempo run and another 20 minute easy jog before taking on my 9 mile long run for the weekend. Well, to make a long story short...none of that happened and soon it was Friday night and I was left wondering if I should just scrap the week all together or take out to conquer the 9 miles that was on the plan for that evening even though I hadn't ran at all since August 26th.I really had to fight with myself to get out on this run. And with the warm weather again, I ended up doing over half of the run in the dark....but I finished and my sore legs all weekend have reminded me what happens when the best of plans just don't work out!
So it's on to week 10 of training with a lighter week of running (just a 3 mile temp, crossing training and a 20 minute run) but then 10 miles to accomplish again next weekend. Hopefully week 10 will have a sweeter balance between work, home, family and training. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment