Wednesday, April 2, 2014

10 Days to Make it 8

In 10 days, I will be running my 8th half marathon!
As always my main goal for this half marathon is to finish.  My secondary goal would be to finish this race in under 2 hours and 10 minutes. 
So glad to have Aunt Amy, Uncle Doug and our Cousin Daniel here for a few days during their spring break!
I only have 2 more runs on my training schedule before Saturday, April 12th.  Like always, I feel like some parts of my training went well and others were a bit of a downer.  I'd say for 95% of the time, I stuck to my schedule and got my needed mileage in for the week.  Tempo running however at the specified paces, is still a work in progress.
I would also say I did a much better job this year with incorporating more cross training into my weekly workouts (which has been an area I usually have slacked off on or eliminated all together.)  An area that I haven't done well on this time around, is eating....really more over eating than anything.  Why must I enjoy food so much?!?!
But I have to remind myself of what a huge feat this is for me!  Running 13.1 miles...for the 8th time!  This is huge and it makes me feel like I am living what I try to convey to my students every day.  Work hard and persevere....you CAN do anything!!! I just have to keep telling myself this during the race next Saturday. :)



1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Angela - for living what you preach to your students. You have inspired me to run, and I, too, can't get enough food! Keep it up - one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete