Sunday, June 8, 2014

June Crazy's

The first full week of June turned out to be a crazy one.  We started off with Chad being gone for the whole week to a national convention on flood plain management in Seattle Washington where he was also a presenter.  So with daddy away, I still didn't find myself alone at night.
Family bed rules came into play with one parent gone....Every.  Night.
The rest of the week was a little chaotic with a baseball double header one night for Mitchell, T-ball another night for Collin and 3 evening cross country practices I needed to attend as I will be the assistant coach next year at EMS. And I also spoke at a class at KSU and then presented at school counseling conference put on by KSU in town toward the end of the week.  Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa Ammeter being in town to help on all the nights we were double booked while Daddy was away!

But we squeezed in a little pool time Monday before the real craziness of the week started.  With cross country practices and cooler temperatures Monday morning, I was finally able to get a week of running over 10 miles accomplished and have a goal to run 10-15 miles per week every month in June.
We are thankful this week will slow down to more of a summer-like feel as I wrap up enough with work that I can finish up what I need to from home after a final few days in the office and of course we are glad to have Chad home!!
And Mitchell asked that I include his picture of Leo the Backyard Explorer in my blog (actually there were many photos like this but we just chose one).  Can you believe this crazy declawed cat has jumped /climbed up farther than bird house on this tree???

No comments:

Post a Comment