Saturday, June 21, 2014

Life-a-versary

June 22nd marks the one year anniversary that changed our lives with Chad's cardiac event.  In 2013, this was just supposed to be just another Saturday in the summer time.  We had planned a trip to Nebraska to spend the weekend with Chad's cousins near York.  Chad woke very early that morning to run 6 miles with a local running group he had ran with for the first time the week before.  I didn't think any of it when I noticed  I had a missed call from a blocked number around 7:15 or so.  The knock on the door that happened moments later was like something out of an overly dramatic Lifetime movie...
I won't rehash the whole story as I know most everyone has heard it many times.  If not, I blogged about it while Chad was still in the hospital and you can read it here.

Today we celebrated in KC with a Royals game and had great seats for the game.  And we are so totally grateful that we could do this together as a family.  It's something we don't take for granted as easily anymore.  

Life is precious.  And Chad's journey one year ago is nothing short of a miracle that we are thankful for each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment