Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Breakers at Work

Other than having a great weekend trip to Nebraska to see Chad's family, the boys and I have been having a stacation spring break at home.
I completed my 12 mile long run last week on Wednesday and then ran another 7 miles over the weekend while in Nebraska. After taking a 3 mile hike with the kids on Monday while our good friends the Ingram's were moving to town, I decided it was time to let a few injuries heal up this week.
This is hard for me to do, however I know if I don't they will just continue to nag at me until my race on the 28th.
But that doesn't mean the boys and I haven't been active so far this week! Yesterday and today we have been working hard in the yard clearing off flowerbeds and hauling away a massive amount of leaves.
The sad part is, that this giant load is only from the first three quarters of our front yard....ugh.
But the dreary cold and wet weather didn't get us down and we cleared most of the leaves in the front yard today. The boys have been a huge help and we will now move on to the backyard tomorrow. We are spring break backyard warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment