Saturday, March 28, 2015

My 9th Half Marathon

It was an early-morning Wamego, Kansas. The temperatures were chilly but the sunrise was beautiful!
One of the best parts about this half marathon, is that I didn't have to travel far from home. And that also meant lots of wonderful and familiar faces too.
I knew Chad and the boys planned to be at the race and that they were making posters for me. But I had no idea just how awesome they would be!
If there were an award for best signs, they would definitely win!
But my two favorite signs were "my mommy kicks asphalt" and in big bold letters, GO MOMMY!
I felt great for this half marathon! I Felt strong the whe way and even ran the first 7 miles averaging a 9:50 pace!
It was a beautiful course, and I had lots of mental things to look forward to along the way. Having Chad and the boys there was just wonderful!!!
The last 2 miles were the only point of the race where I struggled a bit. Everyone that had been running around me suddenly either stopped to walk or fell behind me and there was one huge hill at mile 12. Luckily Chad and the boys were there cheering and Mitchell ran the last mile in with me to the finish. It was definitely a finish that I will never forget with him by my side!
My official time was 2:12:12 with no walking! After being sick last week, I wasn't expecting much out of this race and was just hoping to possibly finish somewhere around 2:20:00. I was very happy with this time! While it was not my fastest, it certainly was not my slowest race either and I beat my time from my previous years half marathon by over 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment