Well, it happened. While on a long run on Saturday, I fell. It was about 2.5 miles into my 8 miles and I have no idea what I tripped on, but I fell hard.
Thankfully, I had a wonderful friend from school and running buddy who came to my aid! Kim was on her way to meet me for part of this run and graciously drove me to her house so I could get cleaned up and complete my run.
I am still sore today with a swollen knee, but I think I'm going to come away from this with only scrapes and bruises. But falling when your 37 vs 7 is a whole new feeling/experience and hurts a lot more than I remember when I was a kid!!
My first picture from this post is from the end of the Wamego Wicked Half Marathon! I was 12th in my age group (out of 37) and right in the middle of the pack for overall runners in the race.
And now I have jumped back (or fell back into) training for my 10th Half Marathon on May 23rd! I am hoping that my swollen knee will be good to go on Monday for a 4 mile run. I have not run two half marathons this close together since 2011. Here we go again!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment