We were thankful to miss virtually all of the ice that was predicted for our area last weekend.
Sunday was just slick enough to stay indoors and with rain most of the day, lots of snacking and hibernating indoors seemed to be the theme of our weekend.
Everyone was home on Monday and with a break in the rain, I decided try and get my run outdoors and not go to work out in the basement of Chad's work on the treadmill. When I left for my run I told Chad I needed to run 4, but I may try to tackle my long run of 7 miles for the week to get it checked off my list of things to accomplish.
I'm not sure if it was all the unintentional carbo loading I did the day before, or the fact that I hadn't run in 2 days, but this run felt great. My pace is still much slower than it has been in previous years, but with no wind, no glaring sun to sap my energy and temperatures that were cool, but not too cold, it made for my version of ideal running weather.
Instead of running the 7 miles on my training schedule, I ended up running 8 miles on an almost foggy and dampish morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment