Monday, April 19, 2010

13 days to 13.1 miles!!!

Mitchell poses with some of the KSU Classy Cats!


The countdown continues!!!

It is now less than 2 weeks until the Lincoln Marathon and I am now trending down in my training with my long runs. This weekend I ran 7 miles, and when I muttered the words "I only have to run 7 miles on Saturday," I knew I could no longer refer to myself as a non-runner!! :)

I am hopeful that the weather on May 2nd will be similar to this weekend. And I am also happy to announce that both Chad and I have found our purple running apparel as well! The 1/2 marathon finishes at the 50 yard line of Memorial Stadium....an awesome way to finish this once unbelievable goal that was set for me. I'm sure most would be shocked if the Bunger's wore anything but purple entering that stadium.....so we are sure not to let anyone down now! I am now looking for suggestions of great running songs to add to my MP3 player for the run. I'm pretty trendy so I have lots of the latest hits....right now my favorite is "Carry Out" by Timberland. But I'm looking for other thoughts.....please share with me! I've got 13.1 miles to fill!!!

Collin going down the slide by himself....he was so proud and climbed and went down the slide over and over at the park this weekend.




1 comment:

  1. I love Carry Out! That's a good one.
    I enjoy a little Tom Petty, Running Down a Dream is a good one and Don't Stop by Keyshia. And of course, I Run for Life by Melissa Etheridge!

    ReplyDelete