The Bunger's getting ready to attend the KSU Spring Game...April 24, 2010
It is now less than one week before I attempt to achieve my goal of running 13.1 miles in Lincoln, NE. After taking 3 days off of any running or exercise because of a nasty chest cold, I was able to get a run in on Saturday. Chad and I also were able to run just over 5 miles together on Sunday before my folks went back to Nebraska.
I am both nervous and excited for the weekend! Chad and I both have our purple attire for the 1/2 marathon....nothing less could be expected from the Bunger's since the race ends on the 50 yard line of Memorial Stadium. :)
We have such amazing support from our friends and family! My folks will keep the boys for us and we will connect with them in Lincoln sometime post-race. Our great friends John and Krista Croghan are also coming to Lincoln on Sunday to celebrate with us and hopefully also watch sister Shana Mader finish with us. I am excited to spend time with Shana...it's been since August since we have seen each other and a visit is overdue! With her recent foot injury we may not be able to run together now, but I am still staying optimistic for her and it will be great to see her again!! I'll also be able to thank my high school pal Brenda for all her support via e-mail during my training as she will be running as well on Sunday. We'll also have time to spend with Chad's mom, sister (who will also kick butt running the 1/2) and brother in law while in Lincoln.
We are truly blessed to have all of this support!! Chad and I both have a very busy week ahead with work, so training time will be very limited. Neither of us plan on breaking any records this weekend, but for me the completion of this goal will be something I had always thought would never even be a possibility for someone like me.
Mitchell's picture of mommy....he's a budding photographer! :)
You go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!
ReplyDelete