Friday, July 9, 2010

All in the family

This past 4th of July weekend we were able to do something incredible....we had a family celebration at our house for my side of the family and everyone was able to make it!!! The picture above is my immediate family. It has been a full year since we have all been together and we were so excited to have my brother's family make the trip from South Carolina along with my sister's family from Minnesota for the get together!

This picture includes all of the great grandchildren for my Grandma Ammeter and Grandma Craney. Again, all of my cousins were able to make it for the day and it was truly a special event!!!
This final picture includes both of my grandmothers (Grandma Craney on the left is 95 and Grandma Ammeter is 80) and all of the Ammeter cousins. I have such wonderful memories from my childhood getting together with all of them. We had a wonderful day, perfect weather, and made some more fun memories together. Thanks again to everyone for making the trip! We had family who came from South Carolina, Minnesota, Colorado, my folks from Nebraska and of course from all over Kansas!

With all the craziness of family time and I nasty chest cold, I have taken about a week off from running. I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday and with the help of some antibiotics and an inhaler I should hopefully be back pounding the pavement again soon! Training for our next half marathon starts on July 18th....just nine short days away!


No comments:

Post a Comment