Friday, December 31, 2010

649

I RAN 649 MILES IN 2010!!!!!!
I spent 123 hours, 35 minutes and 21 seconds in motion while running this year!
I don't want to mean this like I am bragging.....but for a girl like me who is a music loving, band nerd, show choir queen (who always fought against the feeling she was too big to sing and dance like the other girls,) this has brought about a change in me. Many people ask me why I do this and I'm sure even more make comments about the time it takes, etc with young children. But to all of those with questions I say this.
I have NEVER felt better about myself! I am physically in the best shape of my life and emotionally, I have finally found that "something" I talk with my students about all the time that helps me handle stress in positive manner. Running helps put me in a better place mentally so I am able to tackle the stress of work and also refocus to be a better wife and mother at home. While it can be hard to fit it all in at times.....I know that taking some time for myself to do something active and healthy helps me to help my family! :)
Since January 2010, I have been logging my runs religiously on runningahead.com. It's been a great way to track my progress and keep me accountable. Thanks for all who have visited my blog in 2010! I hope to have many posts in 2011 about our boys, our family and my continued journey towards my next 1/2 marathon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment