Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great Grandma Rose Ammeter's Sugar Cookies...Part 2

Day 2 of my sugar cookie making process from scratch! I'm sure my Great Grandmother had a nice laugh at me yesterday when I forgot a key ingredient.....guess there is a reason most of the things I make are from a box when it comes to baking? :)

After getting everything else on my to-do list accomplished today (even taking the boys to visit Santa at the mall solo!) Mitchell and I finally tackled rolling out the cookie dough and cutting out shapes. He had so much fun and would have eaten half of the cookie dough if left to his own devices!
For some reason....Mitchell wanted me to act like these cookies were a secret? When I questioned him more later about this....I think he was meaning Great Grandma's secret ingredient in the cookie dough (and for you comedians out there....the baking soda I left out yesterday is NOT it!!!)

Mess.....I am not a fan of having a mess! And boy did we make one!! But it was all worth it when Mitchell told me the cookie dough was the best ever.
Tomorrow we will finish this process by frosting the cookies for Santa. And yes, I will continue to defy all logic by making the frosting from scratch as well! :)

Mitchell and Collin visiting Santa this afternoon. They were so good waiting in line and Collin wasn't frightened of Santa at all. Although Mommy thought Santa maybe had visited the fountain of youth one too many times???
After Chad got home from work, we both got ready to attend the KSU Men's Game. Thanks to our good friend and co-worker Angie Messer and her son Keegan for braving the dicey weather to watch the boys for us! As you can see......they were camped out at the top of the steps with books waiting for them to arrive!


Watching the KSU Men's Basketball game was a great way to end a busy day full of preparations for fun and family tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Angela,
    How does one forget the baking soda? Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Derek Ohl

    ReplyDelete