Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Great Grandma Rose Ammeter's Life Like Sugar Cookies

Christmas break has officially begun! Collin's fever and ear infection kept me from getting most things done today that were on my list, however I did begin the process of making sugar cookies from scratch!

Most of you will realize what a big undertaking this is for me as I am NOT one to bake.....especially making things from scratch! But last weekend I decided to copy down my Great Grandma Rose Ammeter's recipe for "Life Like Sugar Cookies." My mom has always made these during the holidays and they are so good! This year, I decided I would do the entire process....and the picture above is the first step!

I decided to make a double batch....and it was a good thing I did! I realized while making an additional batch (when the first did not produce much dough) that I had forgotten the baking soda in the first batch!!! Again, I make no claims of being a master baker by any means! After consulting with my mom on the importance of baking soda, I was able to get the first batch of dough out of the fridge, get it back in the mixing bowl and successfully add the last ingredient.

Step one is finished! The dough must now chill (I choose to say it needs to sit overnight....I'm too exhausted to roll out cookie dough, cut out figures and bake them tonight!)

I will include more pictures as the the boys help me with steps 2 and 3 as we finish this project before Christmas eve. I plan to use my Grandma LaVonne Ammeter's recipe for frosting in step 3! This could max me out for cooking and baking by the time this project is complete. Now I know why mom thought making these was always such a process.......

I have also included a few pictures from Mitchell's Christmas party on his last day of school Tuesday. The game was breaking into teams and transforming one Kindergartner into a snowman. Of course, Mitchell was more than willing to be wrapped in toilet paper and made into Frosty the Snowman!



Mommy thought he made one cute snowman when the game was complete! :)



1 comment: