Monday, January 10, 2011

Cross Training?

It will come as no shock to most of you that I was not thrilled about the news that the Manhattan area would finally see accumulating snow for the first time this season. The older I get, the more convinced I am that one day we will move south so maybe I can find a way to miss this winter season!

However, today we had a fun surprise as both Manhattan and Junction City school districts were closed! We have spent our day out at my folks trying out the hills in their backyard for sledding.

I had no gear for sledding, so I just decided to wear Chad's overalls and boots. While I looked like a sumo wrestler, I was quite warm during our sledding adventure!

Both boys were dressed in their snow gear as we left the house this morning and had to get in on playing in the snow before we even had breakfast. Collin was bundled up tight but was the first to head indoors! Maybe he will have the same feelings as his Mommy about these winter time conditions?

Make no mistake.....I will have no use for this snow tomorrow morning!!! However with all the sledding, climbing up hills and scooping both our driveway and my parents driveway I might be able to consider this as one of my cross training days on my training schedule! :)








1 comment:

  1. I think you could, and with all the scooping you could probably add a weight training day as well

    ReplyDelete