Sunday, April 3, 2011

A New Mantra

Angela's 1/2 marathon training schedule: Week 15 Monday: 40 minute run (easy) Tuesday: xt Wednesday: 3 miles @ 9:35 (tempo) Thursday: rest Friday: 4 miles @ 9:35 (long) and leave for Denver!! Saturday: weekend in Denver with Shana, her sister's and Shana's bacholorette party!

I took out on my 5 mile long run today (Sunday) instead of Saturday. I have felt a little under the weather this weekend and after all the yard work yesterday, I just didn't feel up to it last night. Even though I was only running 5 miles today, I had one of those runs that was a struggle. I was about to go into full on pity-party mode around mile 3 and then I had a moment of clarity. My thoughts went to my cousin Emily who is 34 years old and was recently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. She is a kind, caring, soft hearted giving women who is also an amazing wife and mother. She would do anything for anyone and her faith and compassion for others has always been undeniable.


To be faced with the battle she is faced with is unimaginable. Emily, Kevin and their young children are now faced with something most of hope will never happen. So today during my minor struggles during physical excursion....I found a new mantra. I run for Emily.


If you are inclined to do so....I would ask that you think of/pray for my cousin Emily and her family during these next few months. Her fight begins Monday with chemo and radiation therapy for the next 3 months or so before undergoing surgery.

Collin playing with his horses! Mitchell thought this giant chair at Home Depot was hilarious. Chad sent this picture to my phone with the message: "Honey, I shrunk Mitchell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment