We returned this evening from our Thankgiving trip to Nebraska with the Bunger's. We did lots of driving during this trip, but also had a great time with family...especially spoiling our nephew Wyatt!
The Bunger Family 2011
Chad and I completed the Thanksgiving Day 5 mile Turkey Trot at the Kearney Family YMCA. The YMCA is where it all began for us almost 13 years ago when we met while working there in college. My time for this race was over 3 minutes faster than when I ran this race 2 years ago with a time of 48 minutes and I averaged a 9:29 minute mile. The back half of the route was challenging with monster hills on Country Club Lane and the last hill before the YMCA on 39th street, but overall this was a good run for me.
These candid pictures of Grandma and Granpa Bunger with their grandson's are hilarious...topped off with Collin summoning the Thundercats with his sword of omens (a.k.a a stick from the yard).
Friday afternoon naps for all the Bunger Grandkids! These sleepy pictures remind me what I will be doing next year instead of shopping at Wal-mart at 10 p.m. after Thanksgiving! Chad and I took on our first (and last) experience of being at a major department store at the start of Black Friday deals. I have shopped on Black Friday before...but have never been there when it began. Wow. And to keep this blog positive I will just close by saying that I don't believe any deal is good enough for me to experience this pandemonium again.....
No comments:
Post a Comment