Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Dash

For the first time, both boys are taking swim lessons at the Ahearn Natatorium!
 Both boys are doing great and they both also agree that their favorite part of the evening is going off the diving boards and/or getting to jump into the deep pool at the end of the lessons.
I had a special helper with me first thing this morning at work!  One of the great things about working in town now is being able to attend more school events for the boys.  Today was Mitchell's Valentine's Day party and since it was happening right away in the morning, we both thought it would be fun for him to hang out with me at my school until it was time for his day to start.  So there was some extra help in the EMS Counseling Office to start off Wednesday morning! ;)

I was very happy with my 3 mile interval run last night where I ended up averaging a 9:35 minute mile pace!  I'm feeling better about my pacing for this round of training and hope I can continue this trend in the coming weeks. 

I am ending this post with a quote I took from my good friend from high school Mary (Housewirth) Norman.  I always try to keep life in perspective, but some days are harder than others.....and these words are a perfect fit on keeping what's important in focus.
For it matters not, how much we own...the cars...the house...the cash. What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.' Joe Ginnane 1969-2012.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to go to Mitchell's party!! That is one of the best things! He looks pretty cool in your office. :)

    ReplyDelete