Sunday, May 5, 2013

My 7th Half Marathon

It's in the books and I matched my first half marathon (also in Lincoln) time running 13.1 miles in 2:08:29....according to my Garmin. It was very cool  temperatures for May but it stayed dry and was really perfect running weather in my book.

I felt really good for most of this race until a huge left calf cramp slowed me down the last 1.5 miles. So my main focus the last 10 minutes was trying to finish strong & not let this ruin my time totally. I missed that "runners high" at the end because of my screaming calf muscle but still felt awesome for pushi g through it and ending up with virtually the same time I had in 2010! :) 3 years older and staying consistent can't be all bad......right? :)

 Having Chad along is always a huge plus! He stopped @ Walgreens early to use the RR and then caught right up with me again in less than a mile. He hasn't trained much this month with his crazy work schedule and still ran an impressive 13.1 today. I love that he pushes me me along and keeps me going. I can't wait to retun the favor when he competes in another half ironman distance triathlon...he is amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment