Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Side by Side

My mom and I over Easter weekend in Grand Island, NE

Over the Easter weekend we were able to travel to my parent’s house in Grand Island, NE for an extended three day weekend. We had a great time playing outside, spending time with my sister’s family and of course the boys enjoyed being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa Ammeter!


Ready to run 10 miles!!!


Chad was able to take Good Friday off of work and we planned a route to run 10 miles on the GI hike and bike trails. Of course, these plans were altered when we woke up to 20 mph winds that Friday! It seems whatever course I plan ahead to run….that is the direction the wind also decides to blow that day. We altered our course and decided we would begin running from Hall County park that afternoon.

One hour and 43 minutes later….I did it! Successfully running 10 miles was an incredible feeling! With only one more long run left this weekend at 11 miles, it will soon be all down hill before the ½ marathon in less than a month. Chad tells me it will all be mental at this point. If I can run 10 miles….I can run 13.1. It has been so awesome to have these times to train with my husband, and there is no doubt that I would have not been pushed to do this without him. Even though there may be times I’d like to push him off the trail….like when he counted down every mile of our 10 mile run! That kind of information is okay about halfway thru…knowing a person has 9 miles left to go is too much for this non runner still trying to embrace her long distance mileage!!

In honor of our 10 mile run, I thought I would do Top Ten in honor my running partner!

Chad and I at a Cubs game in Denver...August 2009

My Top Ten reasons to run with Chad

10. He has put up with me for almost 11 years now…this is truly amazing!
9. He is constantly encouraging me to push myself and take those “leaps” in faith.
8. He can handle my crazy need to have things clean, non-cluttered and put away.
7. He is my best friend, the person who makes me laugh and I want to spend the most time with.
6. When things are rough, he’s the guy to have in your corner!
5. He is calm when I am not
4. He’s an amazing father
3. He let’s me try “my way” even when he knows he’ll end up showing me the “right way”
2. . Together we make a great team (not to mention we also make good looking children)
1. He makes life fun…even when you are running 10 miles!



1 comment: