Today I finished my 3rd 10K of the year. It is surreal to me that my first race was just about a year ago, where I ran a 5K at Anneberg Park. I never thought I would have gone on to do several more 5K's, 3 10K's and a half marathon all since August 2009!
At some point I am hoping to conquer my mental block when it comes to running 10K's. For some reason, they are always a tough run for me! I was hoping to finish under an hour today...but had to settle for a 9:54 mile average which didn't quite cut it. I'm hoping to find another 10K in more fall-like weather conditions soon and finally achieve my goal of coming in under an hour for a 6.2 mile race.
It was great to have Chad and Collin cheering me on at the finish line! Collin was clapping and so excited that "mommy won her race!" I also kept to my training schedule today. After the race, I hydrated, stretched a bit and ran an additional 2 miles. Now I am heading to Lincoln, NE soon to meet my folks and pick up Mitchell who has been visiting his cousin Daniel's in Minnesota. He's had a great time, but we have missed him so much and can't wait to have him home again!
No comments:
Post a Comment