Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Last Long Run

Next Saturday morning Chad and I will run in the 10 mile trail race at Milford State Park.  We both actually need to run more than 10 miles (I will need to run 2 additional miles and Chad another 4 miles) and then it will be time for me to begin tapering down during my weekend long runs.  The OKC Half Marathon is almost a month away!
Saturday my mom and I took the boys for a quick day trip to Ellsworth, KS to visit many of my cousins who were gathered at Aunt Melody and Uncle Steve's house.  I have so many great memories of playing with them and sharing lots of holidays together growing up.
Now that we are all grown, married with children and careers that have us all very busy we just don't get to see each other very often.  So I was so thankful we could make the drive and see everyone for the afternoon while Chad was busy with the continued repairs on our deck.
I have blogged several times about my cousin Emily who continues to fearlessly battle cancer.  Doesn't she look amazing???  Her strength, faith and positive attitude continues to not only inspire me to live life to it's fullest but also give me perspective in times of struggle.

I wish I would have taken more photos.... all of my cousins (and their parents) are pretty awesome people that I always love catching up with and wish I was able to see all of them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment