Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rain Run

Chad and I were able to get away for a short weekend trip to York, NE this past weekend to visit his cousins. We always have such a great time with the Kohl's and we wish we got to see them more.

We were also very thankful to my parents for keeping the boys so we could have a weekend to relax and enjoy some kid free time.  The boys love having overnight stays with Grandma and Grandpa...and all the spoiling that comes along with it. :)


It was a rainy Sunday, but as I took out on my 40 minute easy run I thought I had a brief window that would be mostly dry.  About a mile into the run, the sprinkling turned to light rain and when I had reached the top of Churchill RD...I was suddenly running straight into a south wind and moderate rain.  But even with the rain, I kept going and completed my 40 minute run (soaked to the bone) logging 4.11 miles.  Having the perspective of running over 13 miles last year at the OKC Half Marathon in the pouring rain helped me to keep going today and not stop just because of a little rain.  However, even though I know I can complete a Half Marathon in cold, rain and wind, I am praying for much drier conditions for the April 29th race!

No comments:

Post a Comment