I wish I could post that I met all my goals for this race....but I did not. But I finished the race....which I wasn't sure was going to happen around mile 8.
The good news is, it didn't start raining until around mile 10. And actually the rain was welcomed!! The humidity was right around 97% for the entire run. I'm not sure if it was a nutrional thing, the humidity or it just wasn't in the cards for me.
| At the OKC Memorial before the race |
I was averaging right around a 9:40 (ish) minute mile up until mile 8. A couple of big hills, the humid weather...and all of the sudden my stomach was at war with my body. I went from the strong pace I had above to a 11:16 mile on mile 9. And for the first time in any half marathon, at around mile 11, I had to stop. So my unofficial time was 2:16:05. This would be my "cheater" time as I stopped my Garmin. But I finished!!!
Chad also had a battling marathon. I was so proud of him for pushing through, not giving up and finishing. We were both disappointed with our times, but also proud that we didn't shut down and we crossed the finish line. 26.2 miles....not bad for a Sunday morning Sweetheart! :)


Congrats on finishing your 5th...and for sticking with it!
ReplyDelete