Thursday, May 17, 2012

So Long, Farewell

After 7 years at Junction City Middle School, it is almost time to say good-bye.


It was a hard decision to leave. I have truly enjoyed my job as a middle school counselor at JCMS and have met some wonderful people as well as made many lasting friendships along the way. While my heart is heavy to leave this amazing building of students and staff, I am also excited for the new opportunities that await me for the 2012-2013 school year!
Starting this August, I will be the middle school counselor at Eisenhower Middle School in Manhattan!  I am nervous to start over again, but at the same time I was very impressed with the staff at Eisenhower and I am looking forward to working with the students and staff at EMS.  The boys are also excited for me to be working closer to home as I have heard from many of the teachers at Mitchell's elementary school that he has told them all about my new job. :)

Even though my time at JCMS is almost over, I know the friendships I have made will remain after I am gone.  I am grateful for all I have learned during my years in Junction City and hope that I can apply these skills to make a positive impact on the students and staff at Eisenhower starting next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment