Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012

We have just returned from a vacation to Minneapolis, MN to see my sister, brother-in-law and our nephew Daniel.  They were such wonderful hosts and we had a great time!  Here are some highlights from our trip.
Going for a walk on the trails near Amy and Doug's house after we finally arrived!

At Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America

Waiting to enter the Minnesota Aquarium at the Mall of America

At Elm Creek Park...what an awesome playground!

Two days of lots of fun activities and no nap turned into this at the park....

Water Park of America!

We had so much fun and this trip was a great way to start our summer!  The boys did a great job with the 8+ hour car ride home today.  I haven't ran for over a week, so after an entire day in the car and a weekend of bad for me foods, Mitchell and I went for a short bike/run this evening to stretch our legs.  While we were running by Anthony Middle School, we talked about how old Mitchell would be when he went to school there and he did the math quickly to figure out how many years that would be from now.  Then he said "I wish you were working there next year mommy."  When I asked him why he said "so I could see you every day when I go there."  This made me smile and I told him I hoped he still felt like seeing me that much seven years from now.  He didn't skip a beat and said "of course I will!"  And then he quickly moved on to wondering when Star Wars the Clone Wars would return with new episodes again. 

We had a great vacation and we have two wonderful little boys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment