We arrived at Clinton Lake about 5 a.m. Chad's wave didn't start until 7:30 a.m. This was the Swim to Bike transition area. The bike to run transition was about a half mile walk up from the lake.
The 1.2 mile swim took Chad about 41 minutes.
Chad coming out of the transition area into the 56 mile bike. I didn't get any other pictures of him on his new and improved bike because of the course route and the fact that he whizzed by me before I could get my camera ready when he came into the bike to run transition. The bike took him about 3 hours to complete.
Chad looked strong and continued doing well during the 13.1 mile run. It was extremely hot and very windy, but his attitude was good and he felt and looked great for the run. I was able to see him several times during the run and even cut around and ran/walked with him quite a bit toward the end. It was very exciting and the atmosphere for the event was outstanding.
Finish Line!!! His official time was 6 hours and 58 minutes. 70.3 miles in the heat of summer....I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of my husband. He was truly inspiring to watch.
Congratulations to our Half Ironman!!! Even though we spent almost 12 hours at Clinton Lake and it was hot and windy....I had a great day also. Following Chad was so fun and I was so proud to be there for this moment with him. I was able to read quite a bit and got in my run and then some for the day following Chad around the course. We also had a fun weekend together celebrating our 11th anniversary early while the boys are out of town with Grandma and Grandpa Bunger. We had dinner out together a few times and went to the movies TWICE in less than 24 hours....this is unheard of. We love our boys dearly, but the time together was wonderful as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment