Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Collin Gets His Turn

After many times of sitting on the sidelines watching his older brother....last night was finally Collin's turn!
And I really thought after all his protests to be part of the action at all of Mitchell soccer, baseball and basketball games that he would have been raring to go.  But as always, it is all about doing things on Collin's time and sometimes there is just no forcing the issue.
I have found that the more I push....the more "game on" Collin can be.  (I have no idea where he gets this from.)  So I just sat back and let the coaches try to work with him to get him on the field.

At one point, Collin had three separate teen coaches coaxing him on to the field.  No dice.  Then Coach Abdula was over encouraging Collin and it finally worked....sort of.
When he finally joined in with his team (again...sort of) Mitchell was sure to go out and tell him what an awesome job he did when it was all over. 

Who knows what is in store for us when we attempt this again on Wednesday.  The will of Collin is truly something to behold.  Honestly, I know these pictures and blog may make it seem like I thought this was cute...I can assure you it took all I had not to intervene last night.  But I know someday, Collin will call me, exasperated about one of his children....and I will then have photos and documentation to share with him about where this might have originated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment